Discover underground salt mine, one of the oldest in Europe. It is a beautiful underground world created by miners consisting of soline lakes, chambers, sculptures made of salt. Admire also the most impressive church created in the salt.
Salt mine in Wieliczka is one of the oldest salt mines in Europe. It is not only a network of corridors in which salt was mined. It is a beautiful underground world created by miners consisting of soline lakes, chambers, sculptures made of salt. You will go down 135 meters deep underground (442ft) to the underground salt mine to admire also the most impressive church created in the salt.
Reasons to book this tour:
- Discover underground salt mine in Wieliczka
- Admire the biggest underground church created in the salt
- See underground soline lakes, chambers, sculptures made of salt.
- Find out more about minors and their ways of exploiting salt in the medieval time
- See network of corridors in which salt was mined
- Discover the town Wieliczka
Duration: 4 hours
Price: 130 Eur + Admission fee: 119 zloty / per person (26 Eur)
Type of the tour: Car+Walk
Note: this is a guided tour in a group in the mine by museum guides only
* My services as your private guide
* Guest pick-up
* Local recommendations
* A/C car
Meeting Point: Your Hotel, Rail Station, Monument/Building or Address
– There are overall 800 steps; first 350 at the beginning take you down into the mine.
– Some parts of the route are adapted for wheelchairs. Earlier bookings in this case are recommended
–Temperatures underground range between 14° C (57° F) and 16° C (61° F) Please take warm clothes.
There’s an outstanding underworld made of salt about 30 min away from Krakow. Lets go down the stairs and enter a world where there is salt everywhere you look. Tours are conducted in groups and with one of their registered guides as part of the regulations of the mine. So, have fun and do not forget to take something warm, the temperature inside is the same all year round!
Wieliczka Salt mine started an exploitation of salt in the medieval time. It worked constantly 700 years until 2007. Salt mine is listed at UNESCO heritage site from 1978. Underground corridors, chambers, even underground chapel is possible to see in this place. In 2018 Salt mine was visited by 1,75 million tourists. Tourist trail covers about 3 kilometers, 135 meters deep underground (442ft).
Plan of the tour
Your Hotel, Rail Station, Monument/Building or Address