Want a taste of the real Polish folklore? Then, let’s do a day trip to Zakopane to go for a longer or shorter hike and taste the regional products. Zakopane – is called the winter capital of Poland. I have been travelling to Zakopane since I was young. It is famous for its unique wooden style of architecture. It is definitely one of the prettiest regions in Poland.
Reasons to book this tour:
- Explore Zakopane and culture of Tatra’s highlanders
- Discover wooden architecture in Chochołów village
- Admire breathtaking nature during personalised hike
- Take a cable car to Gubałówka (1123m or 3684ft) to admire the whole range of the Tatras
- Visit a shepherd’s hut and grill your own oscypek – regional smoked sheep cheese and shot of lemon vodka
- Taste regional specialities during the lunch break in one of recommended place
- See a spectacular ski-jump and walk through Krupowki, the main street
Duration: 10 hours
Price for the whole group: 200 EUR
Type of the tour: Car+Walk
* My services as your private guide
* Guest pick-up
* Local recommendations
* Driver *A/C car
* delicious grilled smoked sheep cheese with cranberry
* shot of lemon vodka
* Admission fees
Meeting Point: Your Hotel, Rail Station, Monument/Building or Address
Zakopane – it is called the winter capital of Poland. Tatra mountains were created in the same period as the Alps and you can easily find fabulous mountain landscapes, alpine meadows, clear mountain streams and many valleys surrounded by Tatran peaks. Old wooden architecture and many monuments and churches were built in this unique style in this resort.
The most popular ski resort in Poland offers not only beautiful landscapes but also many hot springs because thermal water surrounds Tatras. In Zakopane you will get to know highlanders and its rich culture and cuisine. Oscypek is a local smoked sheep cheese. Oscypek is usually produced in Bacowka – shepherds shelter. Oscypek now is considered as a regional product by the EU.
During this tour, you take a cable car to the Gubałówka to enjoy spectacular view of the Tatra mountains. Zakopane and the main Kropowki street offers numerous regional products, the local market, and many restaurants. Zakopane and the Tatras is a great place to visit during all seasons. I must say it is my perfect trip, so join me, and I will show you the beauty of South Poland!
Plan of the tour
Your Hotel, Rail Station, Monument/Building or Address