Discover the city with the local guide. Find out more about rich jewish culture in Krakow and see the traces of „Schindler’s List” by S. Spilberg. Walk through the jewish quarter with its remarkable Klezmer music. Hear the stories about the former jewish ghetto and Oskar Schindler
Reasons to book this tour:
- Find out the stories about the former jewish ghetto and Oskar Schindler
- Visit jewish Remuh synagogue with old cemetery
- Hear Klezmer – traditional jewish music in the streets of Jewish quarter
- Get lost in the narrow streets of the jewish district
- Have a quick break in the middle for delicious ice cream
- Admire rich heritage of the Jewish culture
- See The Ghetto Hero Square and the Factory of Oscar Schindler
- Cross the lovers’ bridge and admire its levitating sculptures over the bridge
Duration: 3 hours
Price: 140 EUR or equivalent in a different currency
Type of the tour: Walking, Private only
* My services as your private guide,
* Guest pick-up
* Local recommendations
* delicious ice cream
* Entrance fees during the tour
Meeting Point: Your Hotel, Rail Station, Monument/Building or Address
Jews started to come to Krakow in the medieval time. There was one of the biggest Jewish communities in Poland before the second world war. Holocaust was a catastrophe for the polish citizens who were Jews. In Krakow most of the Jews were killed. At the present time klezmer music – typical Jewish music can be heard again in the Jewish district.
Kazimierz was established in the 14th century. It is named after the polish king Kazimierz the Great. Kazimierz was a separate city out of Krakow where most of the Jews lived. They built many synagogues and it is still possible to visit it. Nowadays Kazimierz is a district of Krakow.
During World War Two Nazis built separate places for the Jews – ghetto. Ghetto was located in Podgorze on the other side of the river. In Podgórze you can find Oskar Schindler’s Factory. The history of Schindler was filmed by Steven Spilberg. The movie was shot in Cracow.
Plan of the tour
Your Hotel, Rail Station, Monument/Building or Address